Monday, April 2, 2012

Jetzt sind wir drei (Now we are three)

Guten Tag!

The most exciting piece of news from this past week---we got a new companion! Her name is Sister Behrndt. She is from Freiburg, Germany. She got called to the Temple Square Mission, but she doesn't have a visa yet, so she gets to work with us for about a month until her papers comes in. It is verrry nice having a native German speaking companion. It is also more fun to cook things together, because cooking for just two is hard sometimes. Now we have the power of not just two witnesses, but three!

On Tuesday of this week we taught W. Oh my goodness gracious I love that girl. She is a Chinese student studying here in Munich. We taught her the first lesson. When we asked her what questions she has in her life that she has always wanted the answers to, she told us that she would really like to know where her mom is (her mom died when she was 21). The Spirit was so strong; it was amazing how she just opened up to us. My favorite part was when we were teaching her how to pray. She asked us "Does God have a nationality? Will he understand me if I pray in Chinese?" I was so happy to bear testimony of the fact that God understands everyone on this earth, because we are all His children. No matter what language we speak, He understands us perfectly. He knows us and wants so badly for us to speak to Him. I was so happy to be able to teach that to W. The next day we texted and asked her how her prayer went. She said "The feeling of prayer is great and holy. Thanks for teaching me to do that"

This week we got to do more bureaucratic things, which is always fun in Germany. The mission asked Sister Pingree and me to get German Driver's licenses (both Virginia and Colorado have full reciprocity with Germany, so we don't have to take a test or anything). This involved going to get our licenses translated (which cost 50 euro!) and then going and applying for the license. Hopefully we will get them in a couple weeks. I don't think I want to get put in a car area, because it is much easier to talk to people when you’re in the train or walking on the street.

This weekend was really great because it was General Conference. Since Germany is eight hours ahead, we got to see the sessions from Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning live. We watched part of it in German. I was able to catch most of it, but I will definitely be glad when I can read the talks again later. I loved watching Conference. It's something that I've done ever since I was little, so it really felt like being home---especially when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was singing.

Ich kann kaum glauben, dass es schon April ist! Ich kann merken, dass die Leute mehr offen und freundlich sind im Frühling. Ich liebe es, dass ich nicht mehr meine Mantel tragen muss. Ich bin so dankbar, dass Gott mich hier nach Deutschland geschickt hat.

(I cannot believe it is already April! People are more open and friendly in Spring. I love that I no longer have to wear my coat. I am very thankful that God has sent me to Germany.)

Love,
Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment