Monday, June 4, 2012

To the mountains!



Hallo zusammen!

We are off to go hiking this week! Hopefully it will stop raining soon, but we are determined to go, rain or shine.

This week has been pretty good. We have been able to see some good progress with our investigators, but we also see them experience some really difficult things.

H, one of our investigators, quit smoking this week. To help her keep busy, we baked together on Thursday :) She is making progress but is going through a really stressful legal proceeding right now, so please keep her in your prayers.

We also met this week with one of the potential investigators we found on finding day! His name is Y and he is a student from China. We gave him a Book of Mormon in Chinese and explained about how God is our Heavenly Father and he always sends us prophets to help us find the way. The best part of that lesson was when he said, "So prophets are God's representatives" Yes, he got it! We committed him to start reading the Book of Mormon and next time we will meet at the church and give him a tour of the building.

We also have another investigator, K, who is doing pretty well. He has come to a lot of JAE 
(Jungalleinstehende Erwachsene - Young Single Adults) activities and we had another appointment with him last night. Since he lives in the 1st ward, the Elders helped to teach him about the Plan of Salvation. We committed him to pray about it.

In my gospel study I have been reading the New Testament and I just reached the end of Matthew. I am always impressed by the Savior's words in the Garden of Gethsemane: “not my will but thine be done.” My wish is to strive to develop that same humility and trust in the Lord, where I can get to the point where I put aside my own will and completely devote myself to doing the Lord's will.

Tschüss! (Bye-Bye)
--Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment