Monday, May 28, 2012

Pfingsten (Pentecost)



Hallo zusammen!
Since we live in Bavaria, all the Catholic holidays are celebrated. This past weekend we had Pfingsten. Monday (today) is also a holiday, so the city is very quiet.

This past week we had Zone Conference! Even though I've been here for almost three transfers, this was my first one. We heard from our Zone Leaders, the Assistants, and President and Sister Miles. Some of the things we practiced were giving church tours, talking to people on the street and talking to people on trains. Every time I go to a meeting with the other missionaries, I realize just how much I have to learn. There are lots of things to learn and sometimes it seems overwhelming, but then I remember that God doesn't expect me to be perfect all at once.

Sister Roffler is doing great. I am so impressed at how well she (and Sister Behrndt before her) is adapting to missionary life without the MTC. Last week on the street she talked to a priest! It was funny because as she walked away (after he had declined her offer of a pass-along card) Sister Pingree and I told her how impressed we were at her courage. "Why?" she asked. "Because that was a priest!" "Ohhh, I didn't even realize that!"

K has been doing really well this week. We met with him on Tuesday and taught him about the Plan of Salvation. Then on Sunday he cooked Goulash for the Young Single Adults! He took extra care to find the freshest meat and vegetables available in Munich. He is so willing to help and loves to do things for people. I hope we can set a baptismal date with him this week.

A also came to church again on Sunday! He was so cute; he brought a bag packed with his song book, Book of Mormon, and Bible. Just adorable. We have another appointment with him and his mom this week.
As Munich moves into summer, I can't believe how fast time is going by. When I first arrived here, the streets were covered in snow. Now all the trees and bushes have leafed out, it hardly looks like the same city anymore. When Sister Pingree and I first got here, we were lucky to teach a couple of lessons a week. Now we have so many appointments we may have to start doing splits soon. Transfer calls are on Friday, I wonder if they will send me somewhere new!

One of the things I appreciate the most about missionary life is the opportunity we have every day to read in the scriptures. I know that once I return home, finding that time will not be as easy. I am so grateful that every day we have an hour to read. It really helps me to feel the Spirit and get the right focus for the day.

Diese Woche habe ich bemerkt, wie wichtig es ist, dass wir gute Leute in unserem Leben haben. Wir brauchen die gute Einfluss von gute Leute. Ich bin so dankbar, dass egal wo in der Welt ich bin, kann ich immer Leute finden, die glauben genau so wie mir. Zusammen können wir viel mehr erreichen als alleine, und wir brauchen einander um auf den Weg zu bleiben.
(This week I have learned how important it is to have righteous people in our life. We need their good influence. I am so thankful that no matter where I go in the world I can find people who see life the same way I do. Together we can do so much more than we could do separately and we need each other to stay on track.) 

Ich hab euch lieb! (I love you!)
Eure Sister Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment