Since I already speak German, I called the MTC to check in and see if I could get placed in an accelerated class. I spoke to the person who evaluates German speakers and got put in the advanced class! If all goes well and my visa comes through, I will only be in the MTC for three weeks, and then I'll be off to Germany.
I've been thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to when I get back in German speaking realms and here are just a few of them--
- chocolate, chocolate, chocolate (Ritter Sport of course, none of this Milka nonsense)
- Happy Hippos
- buying a Dirndl
- the yogurt. Oh my goodness the yogurt is good. I don't know what it is, but after having German yogurt, American yogurt tastes like cardboard.
- drugstores where the clerks are actually helpful
- old town squares and cobblestones and church bells
- German people and Austrian people and Swiss people
p.s. Next Sunday (the 15th) Michael and I will be speaking in church at 3, and then there will be a little farewell party with cookies at 6. I would love to see anyone who is in the area!