Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I love to see the Temple

One very important part of preparing to go on a mission is going to the temple to receive your endowment. In the temple, we make covenants with God, and He promises us protection and help. Missionaries need a lot of help! These verses from Doctrine and Covenants section 109 say it a lot better than I can-

22 And we ask thee, Holy Father, that thy servants may go forth from this house[the temple] armed with thy power, and that thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and thine angels have charge over them;
 23 And from this place they may bear exceedingly great and glorious tidings, in truth, unto the ends of the earth, that they may know that this is thy work, and that thou hast put forth thy hand, to fulfil that which thou hast spoken by the mouths of the prophets, concerning the last days.


On Friday, October 14 my parents came out to Utah to take me and Michael through the temple! It was so fun to be with them, and I'm so grateful they were able to be with my brother and I as we made those important covenants.
Me, my Mom, my Dad, and Michael in front of the Salt Lake Temple
(notice the tall boy is standing on the ground while the rest of us are 
on the pedestal, making us more of an equal-height family)

If you're curious about LDS temples, check out these questions and answers about temples. And I love this talk by President Monson. Oh oh oh, and this article by President Packer.

This website has information about all the different temples around the world. Some of my favorites are the Salt Lake Temple and the Washington, D.C. Temple. Also check out the amazing story behind the Bern Switzerland Temple, which I will hopefully get to go to on my mission!

(sorry for the link overload, can you tell I get a little excited about temples?)

No comments:

Post a Comment