Tuesday, February 26, 2013

God cares enough to make snowflakes



Hello everybody! 

This past week has been great!

We met this week with Frau S, who is what we like to call an "eternal investigator." She has been meeting on and off with missionaries for about 8 years. We had a really great lesson with her about the Plan of Salvation, she basically taught it to us. She has starting reading again in the Book of Mormon; right now she is in Alma and LOVES it.

We also met with R, who is Italian! She talks A LOT, but this time when we met with her we actually were able to keep the conversation centered on the gospel :) She has seen answers to her prayers in the past and we talked about how God shows His love for us. Her problem is she doesn't really like Germany, and says she never feels loved here, that it is a cold, unfriendly place in comparison with Italy. Well, hopefully as she learns more about the gospel she will see that it doesn't matter what country you live in or what language you speak, God's love is available to everybody!

This past week we have been visiting a lot of the older sisters in our ward. We try to make the rounds as often as possible. There are lots of older divorced/widowed sisters that just need a little extra love. They always have stories to share and I love learning from them. Sister B, one sister who we visit every week, made me a scarf :) She knits all the time and so I just asked her if she could make me a scarf and she said sure! (You never know until you ask!). We did an activity with the Relief Society this past week where we knitted together. It reminded me how much I like to knit. Now I have a little ball of yarn and some needles so I can practice :)

The weather has been cold, cold, cold and we are still getting snow. The other day when Sister Ackerman and I were out ringing door bells I was looking at the snowflakes. As the flakes landed on our black coats and on mailboxes and railings I could see how every single little tiny flake had an intricate crystal structure. No two were alike. Then I started thinking about how many billions of snowflakes were around us at that moment. I thought about how these little crystals just fall from the sky and pile up on top of each other forming piles of snow that then have to be shoveled off sidewalks and plowed from streets. But God cares enough to make each snowflake beautiful. He cares enough to make them all different from each other. We are talking billions and billions of snowflakes! If God cares that much about snowflakes, just imagine how much more He cares about us!

So even though the weather is cold and I am looking forward to the end of winter, the snowflakes taught me an important lesson :) 

Ich bin dankbar für meinen Erlöser, Jesus Christus. Er ist das Licht, das uns den Weg zeigt. Wenn wir ihm folgen, können wir nichts irren.
(I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is the light showing us the way. When we follow we can’t be wrong.)

Ich wünsche euch eine schöne Woche! Tschüss! (I wish you all a wonderful week! Bye-bye!)
--Sister Stewart 


No comments:

Post a Comment