Monday, March 19, 2012

Last P-Day of my 1st Transfer!


Hallo!

It is transfer week! (Every six weeks missionaries get sent all different places, you never know what will happen.) Sister Pingree and I will be staying together for the next transfer, as will Elder Seidl and Elder Clark. We will be getting a new district leader and one of the areas in our district will be white washing AND training (just like Sister Pingree and I had to).

This past week has been pretty great because the sun has been shining nearly every day. Wednesday was one of my favorite days. There is an investigator (well, really the ONLY investigator) in our ward that the Elders are teaching named Sister M. She is just one of the sweetest people I have ever met. On Sunday, Sister Pingree had asked her if there was anything we could do to help her and she said we could maybe come and help her clean because she is starting a new job and is really stressed about it. We said of course we'd love to do that. Then she called us on Monday with an idea. We (Sister Pingree and I) would come over to her house on Wednesday afternoon and help her clean and then cook a dinner for her family and for the Elders who were coming for a teaching appointment. So that is exactly what we did! I cleaned the living room and vacuumed while Sister Pingree helped wash dishes. Then we all cooked together. It ended up being 8 of us all crowded around the M's tiny table (Sister Pingree and I, Sister M, the two M boys, the Elders, and a member the Elders brought to teach with them). It was so fun just to spend the afternoon helping her out. I wish I could have taken a picture of Elder Seidl and Elder Clark (who are both about 6'3") sitting on the M's couch with J (who is 12 and pretty small) squeezed between them.

Thursday Sister Pingree and I were on the UBahn. The car was pretty empty. All of a sudden, the train pulls up to a stop and this whole group of Lederhosen clad men gets on the train. They sat down all around us. Apparently they are a dancing group from Austria. Es war komisch. (It was very strange.)

Saturday was Sister Pingree's birthday! We wore our Dirndls to the Stake Relief Society party. It was really fun.

Sunday Sister H (the Chinese new convert in our ward) cooked dinner for the young adults. She (and some of her friends) made LOTS of dumplings. Sister Pingree and I helped (although mine did not look nearly as good as those made by the Chinese). They were quite delicious. Who knew I'd come to Germany and be making Chinese dumplings?

This past week I have realized how it important it is for me to personally take responsibility for my mission. Yes, the Lord can work miracles through me, but only if I am willing to let Him work. I need to become the type of missionary he wants me to be. This past week we had a training session where President and Sister Miles talked about faith and obedience. I hadn't really made the connection before that obedience is an act of faith. As we are exactly obedient, we exercise our faith and then the Lord can work miracles through us. Sister Pingree and I have made it a goal to obey ALL the mission rules with exactness. I know the Lord will bless us as we strive to follow our leaders. Just like the Stripling Warriors- Alma 57:12

Diese Woche habe ich einen Teil von der Einleitung zum Buch Mormon auswendig gelernt. Es sagt "Später wurde die Platten Joseph Smith übergeben, der sie durch die Gabe und Macht Gottes übersetzte." Ich bezeuge, dass Joseph Smith ein Prophet war, und dass er tatsächlich Das Buch Mormon für uns übersetzt hat. Deswegen bin ich hier in Deutschland, um andere zu helfen, diese Erkenntnis zu bekommen.

(This week I have memorized a part of the introduction of the Book of Mormon. It goes: “In due course the plates were delivered to Joseph Smith, who translated them by the gift and power of God.” I testify that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he truly translated the Book of Mormon for us. That is why I am here in Germany, to help others come to the same knowledge.)

You all are amazing, thank you for all your prayers and support!
-Schwester Schtewart

No comments:

Post a Comment